10 Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Connection: You are connected to a larger group banded together to produce positive results for public health in our region.
2. Annual Educational Conference: The annual Conference provides quality education and networking for public health professionals, and you receive a SIGNIFICANT discount by being a member. You can contribute to the content, help plan the Conference or attend to enhance your professional development.
3. Public Policy / Advocacy: You can contribute to the strong advocacy program centered on assuring that public health voices are being heard. The Legislative Committee prepares legislative updates/alerts, and keeps track of public health issues under consideration by the State Legislature. PublicHealth contracts with a lobbyist to advocate for priority public health issues.
4. Free Informational Services: The association keeps members connected and aware of current issues through the association’s web site, newsletters, & important email updates on emerging news. You remain informed in a way that saves you time.
5. Networking: You have many opportunities to network with health professionals in our region, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc. Networking events range from Annual Conferences to regional meetings.
6. Affiliation: You will have affiliation with YOUR professional association and over 2500 licensed occupational therapy providers in our region.
7. Discounts on classes & events: Members receive reduced rates on OKOTA events. Officers / committee leaders have additional discounts on registration fees for our sponsored continuing education events.
8. Leadership Opportunities: Members are provided opportunities to develop leadership skills that you may need for your resume', professional growth, or personal satisfaction. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees, and short-term for special projects.
9. Recognition: You can be recognized for career achievements & nominate your colleagues for honors and awards annually. We can find inspiration from our colleagues every day - but OKOTA brings special recognition for those who go above and beyond!
10. Empowerment: Members are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities. Be part of something great - what we accomplish now affects us all!